2013 NPC NATIONAL BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS which includes BODYBUILDING, FIGURE, BIKINI and PHYSIQUE CHAMPIONSHIPS
Dear NPC Athlete:
Enclosed please find the entries for the 2013 Bodybuilding.com NPC National Bodybuilding, Figure, Bikini and Physique Championships, which is being held November 22-23 at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts. The host hotel is the Hyatt Regency Pier 66, in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Please download and read all documents thoroughly as they contain important information (www.nationalbodybuilding.com).
The entry application page must be fully completed and signed. Once the application has been completed, send a money order -no personal checks -to pay for your entry fee and return it where instructed in your official entry form. Keep the information contained with the entry brochure for your own reference. There are no refunds or transfers of entry fees.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY MAILING IS WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2013. ENTRIES POSTMARKED AFTER OCTOBER 30 WILL BE ACCEPTED IF POSTMARKED BY NOVEMBER 6, 2013. ENTRY FEE FOR ENTRIES POSTMARKED AFTER OCTOBER 30 AND POSTMARKED ON OR BEFORE NOVEMBER 6 IS DOUBLED TO $500. ABSOLUTELY NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED IF POSTMARKED AFTER NOVEMBER 6, 2013.
A ticket order form is also provided so you can order tickets in advance for your family and friends. Place your order as soon as possible to reserve the best seats. Tickets can be ordered by completing the order form and mailing or emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) it to 104 E. 11th Avenue, Windermere, FL 34786, with a money order payable to Stonecutter Event Promotions. No personal checks will be accepted. Credit card orders are also accepted. Credit card orders can also be faxed to Pam Betz at 407-876-5843. You may conveniently order online at www.nationalbodybuilding.com or the Broward Center for the Performing Arts at 954-462-0222/www.browardcenter.org)
or $75 - All Seats Reserved
BB/Bikini - $50 / Women’s BB/Figure/Men’s & Women’s Physique - $50 - Open
If you have any questions on eligibility requirements, please contact call
Peter W. Potter 954-763-2718 / email@example.com or (Women) Sandy Williamson 818-400-1060 /
FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION, GO TO www.nationalbodybuilding.com
NOTE – THE FOLLOWING IS AN NPC NATIONAL REGISTRATION DIRECTIVE: In signing this entry, you are agreeing to pay for any damage to the hotel room in which you are staying that occurs as a result of any body color, oils, spray tan or any other damage you may cause to hotel bedding, towels, carpeting, drapery, walls, doors or any other hotel furnishings you may come in contact with. Charges will be automatically added to your posted credit card at the hotel. NOTE ALSO: No cooking devices of any kind will be allowed in hotel rooms. The hotel will provide a room with amicrowave for heating food, as well as a special competitor menu tailored to the needs of the athletes.
WEIGH-INS AND CHECK-INS WILL TAKE PLACE ON THURSDAY ONLY ON A “ROLLING SCHEDULE” FROM 1 – 8 P.M.
– THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO WEIGH-INS OR CHECK-INS ON FRIDAY!
For entry forms (available online at www.nationalbodybuilding.com) or general information, contact Pam Betz at 407-876-4467 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
All contestants must be registered as athletes with the computer service of the National Physique Committee as of October 30, 2013 (Entry Deadline). For an application, contact the NPC at P.O. Box 3711, Pittsburgh, PA 15230 412-276-5027. YOU MAY NOT REGISTER FOR AN NPC CARD ON THE DAY OF THE CONTEST.
- You MUST be a U.S. Citizen to enter this event and proof MUST be sent with entry (copy of birth certificate, Naturalization certificate or passport. ,DRIVER LICENSES, VOTER REGISTRATION OR SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP
- You MUST NOT currently be suspended by the NPC.
- In order for a U.S. bodybuilding athlete to be eligible for the 2013 NPC National Championships, the athlete must have competed since January 1, 2011, and obtained one of the following placements in an NPC-sanctioned event:
- Among the first 5 in his/her weight group in the NPC Nationals, NPC USA, Team Universe or IFBB North American Championships
- Among the first 5 in his/her weight group in the Jr. National or Jr. USA Bodybuilding Championships
- Among the top 5 in his/her weight class in the Teenage, Collegiate or Masters Nationals Bodybuilding Championships
- Among the first 2 in his/her weight class in the Armed Forces National Bodybuilding Championships
- Among the first 2 in his/her weight class in an area level bodybuilding Championship designated as a National Qualifier
- As the Overall winner in a District level bodybuilding Championship designated as a National qualifying contest
- Class winners at the USA and Nationals will be given 5 years of eligibility
- Figure competitors must have placed in the top 3 in their respective height class in a NPC-sanctioned figure event designated as a national qualifying contest since January 1, 2011, and must be eligible under Items 1, 2, and 3
- Bikini competitors must have placed in the top 3 in their respective class in a contest designated as a national qualifier since January 1, 2011 and must be eligible under Items 1, 2, and 3.
- Men’s and Women’s Physique competitors must have placed in the top 3 in their respective class in an NPC national qualifying Men’s or Women’s Physique contest since January 1, 2011 and must be eligible under Items 1, 2, and 3.
- All athletes are subject to random drug testing
FOR INFORMATION CONCERNING ELIGIBILITY AND ACCEPTANCE FOR ALL ATHLETES, PLEASE CONTACT:
||Peter W. Potter
||• Entry Blank -Signed and completed
||• Copy of your 2013 NPC card
• Proof of US Citizenship: Birth certificate, Naturalization certificate, passport, DD214
DRIVER LICENSE, VOTER REGISTRATION OR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD IS NOT PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP
• Money order in the amount of $250 payable to Stonecutter Event Promotions, Inc. All Athletes: Return Entry Form by Priority Mail, UPS Next Day or Federal Express to Pamela Betz/Betz-Larsen EMI (waive signature)
MEN BB Bantamweight: 143-1/4
lbs. & under
143-1/4 lbs. up to & including 154-1/4 lbs.
154-1/4 lbs. up to & including 165-1/4 lbs.
165-1/4 lbs. up to & including 176-1/4 lbs.
176-1/4 lbs. up to & including 198-1/4 lbs.
198-1/4 lbs. up to & including 225-1/4 lbs.
WOMEN BB Lightweight: 115
lbs. & under
115 lbs. up to & including 125 lbs.
125 lbs. up to & including 140 lbs.
& BIKINI Six
Height Classes up
to & including 5’1” (A)
over 5’1” up to & including 5’2-1/2” (B)
over 5’2-1/2” up to & including 5’4” (C)
over 5’4” up to & including 5’5-1/2” (D)
over 5’5-1/2” up to & including 5’7” (E)
over 5’7” (F)
Height Classes Up
to & including 5’7” (A)
over 5’7” up to & including 5’8” (B)
over 5’8” up to & including 5’9” (C)
over 5’9” up to & including 5’11” (D)
over 5’11” up to & including 6’ (E)
over 6’ (F)
Height Classes up
to & including 5’2” (A)
over 5’2” up to & including 5’4” (B)
over 5’4” up to & including 5’6” (C)
2013 NPC NATIONAL BODYBUILDING, FIGURE, BIKINI and MEN’S & WOMEN’S PHYSIQUE CHAMPIONSHIPS ENTRY FEES
MONEY ORDER MADE PAYABLE TO "STONECUTTER EVENT PROMOTIONS" IN THE AMOUNT OF $250.00 FOR EACH ATHLETE (MEN AND WOMEN). ENTRIES MUST BE POSTMARKED BY WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2013. ENTRIES POSTMARKED AFTER OCTOBER 30 WILL BE ACCEPTED IF POSTMARKED BY NOVEMBER 6, 2013. ENTRY FEE FOR ENTRIES POSTMARKED AFTER OCTOBER 30 AND POSTMARKED BY NOVEMBER 6 IS DOUBLED TO $500. ABSOLUTELY NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED IF POSTMARKED AFTER NOVEMBER 6, 2013.
CHECK-IN / ATHLETE MEETING / WEIGH-IN HYATT REGENCY PIER 66 HOTEL
Thursday, November 21, 2013 -Weigh-ins and Check-ins for ALL athletes will take place on a “ROLLING” basis from 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. ONLY THERE ARE NO WEIGH-INS OR CHECK-INS ON FRIDAY – ALL ATHLETES MUST CHECK/WEIGH-IN ON THURSDAY ONLY!
COMPETITION SUITS MUST BE WORN TO WEIGH-IN. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT ABOUT THE SUIT STYLE, BRING A SECOND SUIT!
MUSIC / NPC REGULATIONS
- All contestants MUST supply their own music. Bodybuilders' and Women’s Physique music MUST be no longer than 60 seconds. NO PROFANITY IN MUSIC WILL BE PERMITTED OR ALLOWED OR THE COMPETITOR WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED!
- Posing music MUST be on a CD and MUST be cued to your music. .
- Posing music MUST be the only music on the CD.
- CDs will be collected at the mandatory athletes' meetings prior to prejudging.
- Men's and Women's bodybuilding and Women’s Physique contestants will not use music at the prejudging. There will be 45 seconds of posing in prejudging.
- Competition suits MUST be worn to weigh-in.
- No "T" back suits will be allowed. However, female bodybuilding competitors will be allowed to wear multicolored posing suits and jewelry at the evening show. Emphasis is on "good taste"!
- Additional regulations pertaining to figure, bikini and men’s & women’s physique competitors are set forth on www.NPCNewsOnline.com
POSING AND AWARDS
All competitors will be introduced on stage at the finals. The top five competitors in each bodybuilding class and women’s physique class will perform their entire routine. The top five athletes in each bodybuilding class, the top five figure, bikini, men’s & women’s physique finalists in each class, and the overall winners will be awarded trophies.
Top 2 Place Class Winners in Men’s Bodybuilding will be eligible for IFBB Pro status. The 1st Place Class Winners in Women’s Bodybuilding will be eligible for IFBB Pro status. The first 2 winners in the each of the 6 height classes in the Women's Figure and Bikini divisions will be eligible for IFBB Pro status. The first 2 in each Height class in both Men’s & Women’s Physique divisions will be eligible for IFBB professional status.
Hyatt Regency Pier 66 2301 SE 17th Street Causeway, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33136 /954-525-6666 Special Nationals Room Rate is $199 and is good until October 29, 2013
Reservations: 954-525-6666 or toll-free 800-233-1234
Discount travel arrangements can be made by emailing Laura Colvin at email@example.com or call her at 312-646-7233
REIMBURSEMENT FOR TRAVEL
Class Winners will receive up to $150 toward travel expenses. Overall Winners will receive up to $300 toward travel expenses. (All reimbursements will be made only with proof of travel expenses.)
NPC NATIONAL EVENT COMPETITOR/ATTENDEE UPDATE
As we all know, the NPC’s yearly national event schedule offers the highest ranking and most competitive events of all the NPC’s annual competitions. It is extremely important that each and every competitor and their support staff are properly prepared for their trip to and performance at a national-level event. One of the considerations that, on behalf of the NPC I personally strongly endorse and recommend, is that all competitors and attendees stay at the event headquarters hotel, which usually is the site of the competition itself and always is the site of registration, weigh-and check-ins, judging clinics and all competition-related information dissemination and credential issuance. Given the rigorous schedule of every national event – especially with the addition of the Men’s & Women’s Physique Divisions and the necessity of a “rolling” weigh-in and check-in schedule – the need of all competitors to be on premises at all times becomes more and more critical. It sometimes becomes necessary to change event schedules at the last minute and this information is only disseminated at the headquarters hotel. In addition, I have found that competitors seem more properly prepared to compete when they have settled into and stay at the location of the event as opposed to driving in to the event location from other local areas. It is my feeling that being able to rest until the very time of competition and not having to travel in any way to a competition site can be helpful in having a good mental competitive attitude.
In recent years, there have been many occasions where competitors were disqualified because of event time changes or other last minute procedural alterations that occurred between the weigh-ins and the actual time of competition. Competitors staying at outside hotels other than the event headquarters are put at a disadvantage in situations like that. It is their responsibility to be available to accommodate any schedule changes or other circumstances that the NPC must administer during a national event.
Thank you for your cooperation.
James B. Manion, President National Physique Committee of the USA, Inc.
2013 NPC NATIONAL BODYBUILDING, FIGURE, BIKINI & PHYSIQUE CHAMPIONSHIPS
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
DATE TIME EVENT LOCATION
Thursday, November 21 9
a.m. - 9 p.m. NPC/Promoter's
hours by appointment – ProTan Spray Tanning
3 – 4 p.m. NPC
4 – 6 p.m. NPC
Board of Governors Meeting
p.m. – 9 p.m. Weigh-in/Check-in
– All Athletes Hyatt
THAT THIS IS A “ROLLING” SCHEDULE – ALL ATHLETES ANY TIME
IS NO WEIGH-IN OR CHECK-IN ON FRIDAY!
Friday, November 22 9
a.m. - Noon NPC/Promoters
hours by appointment – ProTan Spray Tanning
BB Mandatory Meeting Performing Arts Ctr.
BB Prejudging Performing Arts Ctr.
p.m. Women’s Physique Mandatory Meeting Performing Arts Ctr.
Time tbd Women’s Physique Prejudging Performing Arts Ctr.
Time tbd Bikini Mandatory Meeting Performing Arts Ctr.
Time tbd Bikini Prejudging Performing Arts Ctr.
Saturday, November 23 8
Bodybuilding Meeting Performing Arts Ctr.
a.m. Women's Bodybuilding Prejudging Performing Arts Ctr.
Time tbd Men’s Physique Mandatory Meeting Performing Arts Ctr.
Time tbd Men’s Physique Prejudging Performing Arts Ctr.
Time tbd Figure Mandatory Meeting Performing Arts Ctr.
Time tbd Figure Prejudging Performing Arts Ctr.
Competitors Mandatory Meeting Performing Arts Ctr.
p.m. Finals Performing Arts Ctr.
All Competitors should arrive 15 minutes early for meetings. Meetings WILL start on time. Competitors – please note that this schedule is subject to change and THE FINAL SCHEDULE AND MANDATORY MEETING TIMES will be posted at the Hyatt Regency during weigh-in and check-in on Thursday.
ALL WEIGH-INS AND CHECK-INS ARE ON THURSDAY ONLY – THERE WILL BE NO WEIGH-INS OR CHECK-INS ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!
ALL ATHLETES MUST WEIGH/CHECK IN ON THURSDAY OR THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE ON STAGE!